20 Successful Ways to Increase Your Online Marketing Influence
Increase Your Online Marketing Influence
I was thinking yesterday what I would write for today’s blog, and I said why not throw together 20 proven points that can successfully increase your online marketing influence.
My influences in digital marketing, range from David Meerman Scott, Anne Holland, Chris Brogan, Gary Vaynerchuk and Mike Volpe from HubSpot, all of the mentioned names provide such fantastic information in relation to social media and digital marketing. Their information is always very interesting and maybe obvious, like how to build a easy searchable websites, how to add valuable content to your blog, how to set up a Facebook fan page or like pages etc., but what was very unique to all of the above, is their passion for what they do and the influence they have online.
- Do not try to sell to people – you are living in a new age and they will chew you up and spit you out.
- True leadership builds your digital influence through transparency.
- Be consistent in your efforts.
- Always update or improve your landing pages by improving your look.
- Keep an eye and follow your peers.
- Keep up-to-date with cutting edge information.
- Align yourself with outstanding strategic partners. It is important to make connections online but also more important to meet the person in the real world – offline.
- Create content that stands out and is of value to your customer.
- Start making conversations with people online that’s actually in your business.
- It is important to tell a story. People connect with stories.
- Why not find people who have your audience but not your products and co-create with them.
- Increases traffic through web video: this is the fastest way to get your message out there.
- Retweet your tweets.
- Learn to be a story teller: it is just so important to understand the psychology, the behavior and communication of people.
- Find a unique niche you can own.
- Focus on that niche and become known for that.
- Be an expert in your field.
- Why not help others in your field achieve their goals.
- Don’t be afraid to educate, to inspire and to entertain your audience.
- Never underestimate the value of your customer.
Let me know what you think or what your experience has been?