The Do’s and Don’ts of Custom Web Design and Development
Custom Web Design Development
If you want a good website, then you need to understand custom web design principles.
Launching a website is scary, but exciting as well. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you can hire a web design company to build it for you, but you should still make an effort to understand what’s going on. After all, you don’t want to waste time and money to get something that you don’t love.
Today, we’re going to discuss the dos and dont’s of website design and development. The more you know, the better your site will turn out, no matter who’s designing it.
The Do’s of Custom Website Design
To create a great website for your business or personal brand, you have to make it unique but functional. You always want to stand out, but it should only be for the right reasons. Websites that really work do so because they adhere to important web design principles, so be creative but don’t go crazy.
Here are some important “do’s” of web design:
- Hire a web design company if you’re inexperienced and, in most cases, when you are experienced.
- Make sure that the look of all the landing pages on your site follows the same theme.
- Your navigation should be easy to understand and try to reduce the number of clicks it takes for visitors to get where they need to go.
- Place more importance on the visual elements of pages and keep your messages concise and easy to read.
- Ensure that your site is responsive to multiple devices (desktop, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
- Use a steady stream of engaging content to entice new customers and keep the old ones coming back.
The Dont’s of Custom Website Design
When you hire website design services, then they’re going to be able to help you navigate past the dont’s. To protect yourself, however, here are a few major things to avoid on your site:
- Don’t base who you hire entirely on website design cost because investing in your site should be a priority.
- Never overload your landing pages with images and elements that greatly affect the load time.
- Don’t use more than a few fonts for the entire site, as it’ll be hard to read and unprofessional-looking to your visitors.
- Stick to one colour scheme.
- When it comes to chatbots and automatic popups, make sure that the visitor has a few seconds to take in the contents of your landing page before they see these things.
- Invest in quality images for your landing pages, rather than stock images, because it’ll help you make more personal connections with your visitors.
Going With the Pros
For custom web design that you can be proud of, visit us at Brand Nova. We’re a digital marketing and web design agency that specialises in performance-driven results and we have a deep understanding of the do’s and dont’s of custom web design and the implications it has on the success of your company. Get a free website SEO audit today to get started on your journey to a more effective website.